Experience Bali's stunning shoreline and sacred sea temple from the air on tandem paragliding flights in Uluwatu.
Start on the golden beaches of Uluwatu's infamous coast and soar on tropical thermals over the spiritual Bukit peninsula on this scenic tandem paragliding flight. During around 10 minutes you have the chance to overlook the Great Temples that stretch out over the rugged cliffs, witness pristine secret beaches, blue seas, lesser-known Hindu temples, and waves breaking over coral reefs - fully organized and operated by an experienced pilot! All you have to do is relax and enjoy the view.
Uluwatu is most well known for its landmark cliff-top temple. On the tip of the Bukit Peninsula of Bali, the Pura Luhur Uluwatu Temple is a Hindu temple that overlooks the Indian Ocean. Also of one the top surfing destinations in the world, it has four main breaks: The Bombie, Temple, Outside Corner, Racetracks, and The Peak. Close to Kuta, Uluwatu is served by the main international airport in Denpasar and is on the southernmost tip of the island.
- Meet your instructor on Nyang Nyang beach for a 10-minute tandem paragliding flight over Uluwatu and the Pura Luhur Sea Temple.
- After a quick safety briefing, you'll kit up and practice a few running techniques on the beach.
- Once you're ready you will run along the beach and let the tropical thermals lift you into the air - gaining height, your pilot will be in total control of the flight, all you have to do is sit back and take in the views!
- Gliding over the shoreline, you'll have a chance to see the area's infamous surf spots, hidden beaches, and sea temple - trimming the cliff and the exotic treeline.
- Descending back down to the beach, your pilot will perform a controlled soft landing on the sand - where you're paragliding experience will end.Activity requirements
- Weight restrictions apply: Min. weight 45kg (100lb) and max weight 110kg (240lb)
- Children must have parental permission
- No previous experience in paragliding is necessary. No specific physical condition required.Special terms
- Not suitable for expectant mothers or anyone with heart problems.
- Tandem paragliding has a 1-person to 1-pilot ratio, group flights can be organised depending on capacity.
- Please note that flights are organised according to weather conditions.
- Due to Nyang Nyang's position on the peninsula in Uluwatu, tandem paragliding is available throughout the year. Please note Indonesia has two dominant seasons, the dry season is between April and September, rainy season November to March - which may affect weather conditions.
- From May to August, the location changes (near Benoa, South Kuta, Badung Regency, Bali).