The excursion begins in a small but charming bay named Jakiruša - Brela. The beautiful Jakiruša Bay is surrounded by the spectacular mountain of Biokovo. There is a sandy beach in Jakiruša, popular with the locals and tourists for swimming. On the west side, there is a rocky coast and one of the last untouched bays in this part of the Riviera – Bay Vrulja.
You will launch your sea kayaks from the beach and paddle lightly towards the deserted sandy beaches of the Vrulja Bay. You will stop to observe the submarine groundwater source that brings 50 m3 of drinking water per second to this place even in the summer. Your paddle will take you to Vrulja Beach where you'll stop for a swim and snorkel in the crystal blue waters.
After the kayaking adventure, a delicious meal can be arranged in a local restaurant.
Daily departure: From Split centre
Distance from start to finish: 4.6 km
Duration of the tour: 3.5 - 4 hours
Duration of the transfer: 60 min - one way (60 km from Split) 20 min - one way (18 km from Makarska)
Sea temperature: Between 19°C and 27°C - it depends on the season
Cliff diving: You can jump in the seawater in places allowed by the guide.
Fitness level: A minimum level of fitness is required
Previous experience: None necessary
Onsite facilities: Toilets are available in Brela near the starting point. There are no toilet facilities available during the sea-kayaking trip. Customers are advised to use the toilet facilities in Brela before or after the excursion.
- Once you've met your instructor at the meeting point, he will drive you to the starting point
- You will be given the gear you will be using and will have a quick briefing about the security regulations and the activity itself
- Once you've finished the excursion you will be driven back to Split
Distance from start to finish: 4.6 km (2.8 miles)
- Launch the sea kayaks on the beach and paddle lightly towards deserted sandy beaches of Vrulja bay.
- We stop to observe the submarine groundwater source that brings 50 m3 of drinking water per second to this place even in the summer.
- Our paddle takes us to Vrulja beach where we pause to swim and snorkel in crystal blue waters. -- - After kayaking adventure, we can arrange a delicious meal in a local restaurant (not included in price)
All equipment used is registered and certified at the EU.
All customers must wear Personal Flotation Devices (PFD) at all times while at sea.
All the professional guides are registered at the Irish Canoe Union and Croatian Mountain Rescue.
Split Adventure reserves the right to cancel the activity should the weather conditions not be suitable or considered dangerous. In case of unfavourable weather conditions, you will be notified at the very least the evening before the activity.