Course of events
If you're looking for an adventure in an exceptional wilderness setting, the Ferné canyon in the Verdon gorges is for you!
Head to the Verdon gorges, just a 25-minute drive from Moustiers-Sainte-Marie, for a canyoning activity near the Sainte-Croix lake. Between La Palud-sur-Verdon and Les Salles-sur-Verdon, you'll discover the Ferné canyon with the professional guides from Rocksiders.
The vertical canyon of La Ferné will take you to the most unusual part of the Verdon gorges, right next to Lake Sainte-Croix. From the top of the cliffs, abseiling or swimming in the waters of the Verdon, the beauty of the cliffs and the Ferné canyon will be yours to discover!
During this descent of the Ferné canyon, you'll be supervised by experienced Rocksiders professionals who will share their passion for canyoning and adrenalin. Safety and fun are guaranteed! All you'll need is enough endurance to make it down the Ferné canyon without too much difficulty. On the programme: abseils up to 31 metres high, swimming in the rapids, walking and jumping!
"The Ferné canyon is really THE canyoning trip of choice, taking you on a journey between the impressive verticality and the fun of this wild and magnificent part of the Verdon." - Chandra, Rocksiders guide.
Don't hesitate, book your canyoning activity in the Verdon and explore the Ferné canyon with experienced and passionate instructors!
Beware, it's a vertiginous canyon!
- Meet at the Mayreste lookout where you will get to know your guide before taking a shuttle to the starting point of the Ferné canyon.
- You will then leave for an approach walk of about 30 minutes to reach the canyon de la Ferné, located on the Bastidon trail overlooking the Grand Canyon du Verdon.
- You will start with a first abseiling of 10 m and then go on with several progressive abseils (in height and difficulty) up to 31 m high, bringing you to the bottom of the Grand Canyon.
- After a picnic break in an ideal place, you will put on your wetsuits and go for a water descent in a part of the wild Verdon with swimming in the rapids, walking and jumps.
- To finish, a 45 minutes walk back to the vehicles.
A good beer or other beverage awaits you in Moustiers-Sainte-Marie to finish this day in beauty!
It is necessary to know how to swim and to be in good physical condition for this canyon.
A minimum number of 4 participants is required for this activity to take place.