Dare to swim with the biggest sea creatures, the majestic whale sharks! These magnificent animals are completely harmless, you're sure to feel like a Lilliputian and the whales Gulliver!
You’ll meet your instructor at Playa del Carmen and will then make your way to Cancun with the rest of the group.
You’ll then take a boat for approximately an hour to find the superb whale shark. Once at the spot, you’ll observe the biggest gathering of whale sharks found in the world, you’ll be able to see 200 different species in the same area! The lucky ones amongst you might even spot the large manta rays!
You’ll go into the water 2 by 2, in order to limit the impact on the whale sharks and their surrounding environment. You’ll be able to go into the water 3/4 times so you can really get the most out of this once in a lifetime excursion. Make sure you don’t forget your camera!
Once you have enjoyed the whale sharks, you’ll make your way to a paradisiac beach to savour a ceviche, a local speciality. After which you'll make your way back to the port.
The growing popularity of this activity has forced the Mexican government to become more vigilant with the security regulations, so you can only swim with these magnificent creatures with Pranamaya during a specific season - book now to avoid disappointment!
You will be given a short presentation about whale sharks before your excursion so you have a better understanding of these fabulous creatures.
- Swim with whale sharks in the warm Caribbean waters
- You’ll leave from Playa del Carmen to Cancun, which will take about an hour
- From Cancun you’ll make your way to the spot, which will take about 90 minutes
- At the spot you’ll have a quick briefing about the activity and whale sharks
- After your swim you’ll go to Isla Mujeres for a lunch break to enjoy ceviche
- After your excursion you’ll return to Playa del Carmen
- Under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Must be able to swim autonomously
- Must be comfortable in water
Once you have booked your activity you can contact your instructor to find out if he can pick you up at your hotel.
You can rent a wetsuit for 5 USD.