EcoZip Adventures offers state-of-the-art flying fox ziplines and an eco-immersive forest walk on breathtaking Waiheke Island, for nature lovers of all ages.
You'll enjoy the full Waiheke experience with a complimentary pick up from the island ferry and a range of drop-off locations afterwards.
When you get here you’ll discover that the long-range views from the site are incredible and the unique, dual ziplines let you share this amazing experience with your friends.
Zipping first over a vineyard and then over, and into, spectacular native New Zealand forest is both unique and wonderful. Finally, in terms of technology, the ZipStop system - developed right here in New Zealand - is the world’s most advanced zipline braking system.
Waiheke Island is located in the Hauraki Gulf, about 18 km from Auckland. It is the most accessible offshore island in the Gulf, due to regular passenger and car ferry services, helicopter and fixed-wing air links, and there are plenty of activities!
What else is there to do on Waiheke apart from an Ecozip tour?
Once you've completed your flying fox ziplines and forest walk, you have a range of drop-off locations.
There are plenty of beautiful beaches, vineyards, walking trails, historic and cultural sights of interest.
Detailed below are our suggestions for things to do at each drop-off point:
Onetangi Beach is just down the hill from EcoZip Adventures - it's very walkable (20 minutes), all downhill through the spectacular Forest & Bird Reserve.
- Charley Farleys Bar & Restaurant: this is where the locals hang out on Onetangi Beach! Right on the beachfront, the sea views are second to none; their food and drink ain't bad either...
- Casita Miro Vineyard & Restaurant: if you walk along Onetangi Beach, then up Seventh Avenue to Seaview Road, you'll find this spectacular restaurant and vineyard on Brown Road, just up the hill.
There are 3 sensational experiences to be had from our drop-offs on Onetangi Road:
- Stonyridge Vineyard & Restaurant: Stonyridge Vineyard is a world-renowned Cabernet-blend winegrower - they also happen to be one of the coolest al fresco dining establishments on the island...
- Wild on Waiheke: Wild On Waiheke is a unique, boutique, multi-activity venue providing a diverse range of fun outdoor activities (including archery and laser claybird shooting), licensed café and brewery, set within the magic of a Waiheke vineyard.
- Rangihoua Olive Oil Estate: Visit Rangihoua and try some of the world’s best Extra Virgin olive oils. Visitors are welcome to enjoy the surroundings, view the machinery and find out all about the process of making olive oil.
Ostend is the best place to pick up a motor scooter after an EcoZip tour if this is your preferred mode of transport to explore the island, and what a great way it is:
Fun Rentals: these guys offer free, friendly advice on the best things to do, the best places to see and the best vehicle for your needs.
Little Oneroa is a beautiful wee beach just short of Oneroa Village. If the tide is out, you can walk all way round to the main beach in Oneroa Bay, and then up to Oneroa Village from there.
Oneroa Village is Waiheke's main township, if you can call it that! There are a bunch of cool restaurants, bars, and shops - our pick of the bunch would be:
- Wai Kitchen: There have been plenty of meetings at this place during the development of the EcoZip project - sublime views, great service, incredible "colcannon".
- Vino Vino: stunning vistas from this small, homely cafe/bar.
Pick up times from the meeting point: 8.45am, 9.45am, 11.45am or 1.45pm
9.15am Tour, Please take the 8am Fullers Ferry from Downtown Auckland to meet the EcoZip pick up at 8.45am from Waiheke Island’s Matiatia Ferry Terminal.
10.15am Tour, Please take the 9am Fullers Ferry from Downtown Auckland to meet the EcoZip pick up at 9.45am from Waiheke Island’s Matiatia Ferry Terminal.
12.15pmTour, , Please take the 11am Fullers Ferry from Downtown Auckland to meet the EcoZip pick up at 11.45am from Waiheke Island’s Matiatia Ferry Terminal.
2.15pm Tour, , Please take the 1pm Fullers Ferry from Downtown Auckland to meet the EcoZip pick up at 1.45pm from Waiheke Island’s Matiatia Ferry Terminal.
There are no age restrictions however to participate in the EcoZip experience you need to weigh at least 30kg (66lbs) and not more than 125kg (275lbs).
Sadly, and as much as it'd be great to ‘zip’ you, if you fall outside these weight limits you won’t be able to participate.
And just so the team can never be accused of being ‘weightist’...everyone is weighed at check-in!
What shoes should I wear?
The track is 1.4km in length, so footwear suitable to walk that distance should be worn. In the winter months, especially after periods of rain, the track may be muddy, and those shoes may get a little dirty if so!
Participants under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
A Child must be booked with at least 1 Adult.
Zip Lining is not recommended for anyone pregnant.
All guests will need to be fully vaccinated and bring their My Vaccine Pass with them for check in.
If you wish to meet directly on location, please contact the instructor after the booking is confirmed.