Description de l'activité
Description de l'offre
Discover the highlights of South Africa’s legendary Garden Route – including Addo Elephant National Park, Jeffreys Bay, Wilderness National Park, and Oudtshoorn on a 5-day tour from Cape Town.
Explore this coastal paradise with an experienced guide. Hike in the old-growth forests, see endangered animals in wildlife reserves, canoe through pristine waters and relax on white sandy beaches.
Day 1: Cape Town – Wilderness National Park – Sedgefield
In and around Wilderness National Park
Morning pick-up from selected Cape Town city centre or Stellenbosch. Jump into a two-man canoe and row gently down the river in the Wilderness National Park.You'll stay overnight in Sedgefield, Wilderness area.
Day 2: Knysna – Tsitsikamma – Jeffreys Bay
In and around Knysna, Tsitsikamma National Park
Visit the Knysna Heads viewing point. Optional waterfall ziplining - zigzag across the river gorge and experience nature from a different angle. Optional bungee jumping - face your fears as you bungee from the world’s highest bungee-jumping bridge. Alternatively continue onward to the Tsitsikamma forest for a leisurely hike through the lush vegetation. Walk along forest trails in Tsitsikamma National Park. You'll stay overnight in Jeffreys Bay.
Day 3: Jeffreys Bay – Addo Elephant National Park – Jeffreys Bay
In and around Addo Elephant National Park
Get up early to explore Addo Elephant National Park in our tour bus (±2 hours). This third-largest national park in South Africa is a world of diversity with varied landscapes of fauna and flora. Home to over 500 elephants and also lions, buffalo, black rhino, hyena, a variety of antelope and in the marine section, great white sharks and southern right whales, which means that this is one of the few reserves in the world that can boast having the Big 7. An additional optional 4x4 game drive with game ranger is also available. Drive back to Jeffreys bay to enjoy some beach time or for local shopping. You'll stay overnight in Jeffreys Bay
Day 4: Oudtshoorn – Cango Caves
In and around Oudtshoorn
Learn more about the world’s largest bird during an ostrich farm visit. Tour deep underground in the Cango Caves. You'll stay overnight in Oudtshoorn.
Day 5: Oudtshoorn – Cape Town
Get up early for an optional Elephant Bush Walk to learn about these gentle giants in a natural environment. Interact, walk with them as you get to know these orphaned elephants. Travel via Route 62 to reach Cape Town by evening.
- Travel along South Africa's scenic Garden Route
- See magnificent landscapes while hiking in Tsitsikamma National Park and canoeing in the Wilderness National Park
- Awe-inspiring views from the Knysna Heads
- Swim, surf or stroll along some of the famous beaches - including Jeffreys Bay, one of the world’s best surfing spots!
- Encounter gentle giants and other wildlife in Addo Elephant National Park
- Visit the ostrich capital of the world
- Explore deep underground in the astounding Cango Caves
- Take part in optional adventure activities; such as bungee jumping, 4x4 Big5 game drive, waterfall zip-lining and walking with elephants.
- Breakfast for each overnight stay is available to purchase at your overnight accommodation or you can buy snacks from supermarkets.
- Lunch will be en route with limited time and limited options to choose from.
- Dine at famous restaurants or book meals with the overnight accommodation. Your guide can advise you and arrange transport you to the best local restaurants each night.
Some hostels even have communal kitchens to prepare your own food, if you wish to buy the ingredients at towns on tour to prepare your own breakfast and dinner.
You will share a dormitory in a hostel with the rest of the group.
There is a free transport service from Cape Town, Stellenbosch and Somerset West town centres (within a 10km radius of city centre).
The exact itinerary is subject to change and may, on occasion run in reverse or different order.