Sensation Level: Chill
Spoken languages: Dutch, English, French
Fitness level: Everybody welcome
Minimum age: minimum 10 y/o
Duration: 1 half day
Cancellation policy:flexible 1) Cancellation 4 days or more prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 48 and 96 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 48 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
Nothing compares to the freedom, serenity and adventure you will find during a day of Discover Scuba Diving - it’s a new sensation. A relaxing day, full of unforgettable moments! If you are over the age of 10 and without any diving knowledge, this program offers you the great opportunity to experience the fun and excitement of diving in only one day of your vacation.
You will follow a course of instructions (duration of about 45 minutes) given by an instructor speaking French, English, German, Dutch or Greek. Other languages are on request. He will explain to you the basics of diving and the most important things to know before going underwater. After the theory, you will be split into small groups of 4 people experiencing their first dive, guided by 3 diving professionals. You will never be left alone by the instructor under the water! Guides will introduce you to a new world full of fascination during a dive of 45 minutes and a maximum depth of 8 meters.
With Stay Wet you will experience the thrill of breathing underwater and the sensation of weightlessness in the sea!
During the tour, the instructors will show you the inhabitants of the Mediterranean sea like sponges, sea stars, octopus, snails, and different kinds of fish and with a little bit of luck, you will also see dolphins, barracudas and seahorses.
Before and after this unforgettable experience you have the possibility to take your lunch in one of the taverns, stay on the beach or walk along the hiking trails. Or just take the snorkelling equipment that is at your disposal during the whole day and discover Crete's underwater world from the surface.
At the end of the day, each participant will receive a certification card of the Discover Scuba Diving Course from the diving instructor.
After this program, you are allowed to dive with Stay Wet for 14 more days without the theory lesson under the direct supervision of a divemaster or instructor, or you can do a course to become a certified diver.
- You will arrive in the morning at the diving centre, and you will do the paperwork while your instructors will brief you about the day (about 30 minutes).
- The instructor will teach you the basics of diving and introduce you to the flora and fauna of the Mediterranean.
- Afterwards, you will have a theory lesson and a dive in shallow water to learn how to use the scuba gear.
- Then, you will dive in open water to a maximum depth of 8 metres, and return to the diving centre.
You have to be at least 8 years old to take a Discover Scuba Diving course.
Please note that you cannot fly for 18 hours after your scuba diving session.
You cannot participate if you have exercise-induced asthma.
The transfer to the activity spot will be arranged and paid directly with the instructor once the booking is made.
- All necessary scuba diving equipment
- Professional certified guide
- Theory briefing