If you've never tried scuba diving before then the Discover Scuba Diving is for you! You will get to explore the amazing underwater world of Zakynthos or Zante, and see a great variety of marine life!
Zante Blue Reef conducts the Discover Scuba Diving course all year round as the water is always warm!
What will you do?
When you arrive at the dive centre, you will be kitted out with a mask, fins and a wetsuit. You will then have a briefing about the history of scuba diving, the dive you are about to do and what type of fish you will see underwater! Starting off in waist deep water you will practice a trial dive to learn breathing with the scuba gear until you are comfortable enough to go on the real dive.
What will you see?
Once you feel accustomed to breathing with the scuba gear, you will go exploring an awesome small reef in a little bay that is perfect for your first time! Teeming with marine life, you will see ornate wrasse, Mediterranean rainbow wrasse, red scorpionfish, white sea-bream, striped sea bream, Mediterranean moray, octopus, sea urchin, sea-stars and many more. The depth gradually increases to a maximum of 6m, with lovely clear waters allowing you to see the surface and the seabed!
At Zante Blue Reef your safety and enjoyment is a number 1 priority! The group sizes are small, usually with a maximum of 4 people with at least 2 instructors in the water.
And a small gift...
The experienced instructors will provide you with high-quality photographs underwater. You can make your dive memories last and share them with your beloved ones.
- First-time Scuba Diving to explore the underwater life of Zante
- You friendly instructors will teach you how to use the scuba gear and how to stay safe underwater
- One Dive in shallow water for 10-20 minutes to learn how to use the scuba equipment
- One Dive in open water for 30-40 minutes to explore the marine life
- Maximum depth to reach: 12 m. depending on the diving spot
- Duration : 3 hours approximately
- Minimum age required: 10 years old
- Basic swimming skills required
- You cannot be flying in the next 18 hours for decompression issues