Experience the best Iceland has to offer with spectacular Whale Watching opportunities and unique tours that offer once-in-a-lifetime experiences for you. Get ready to get up close to some of the world's biggest mammals!
Experienced guides will take you on this 3-hour whale watching adventure on a safe and well-equipped boat with warm overalls, heated spacious indoor cabins, a nice bar and WiFi. Departing from the historic Old Harbour in Reykjavik, you will sail into Faxaflói bay in search of Minke and Humpback whales, Dolphins, Harbour porpoises and Killer whales. In addition to these diverse water creatures, you will also experience the spectacular views of the mountains and islands around Reykjavik as well as the wonderful birdlife.
- Find giants in their natural environment in the Atlantic Ocean
- Spot Minke whales, Humpback whales and Dolphins
- See all the other aquatic species, all sorts of wildlife
- Enjoy the splendid scenery around the coast of Iceland
- Informative commentary from experienced guides
Please note that you should schedule to be at our departure point at least 30 minutes before the scheduled departure.
- We start our trip from a beautiful harbour in the city centre and sail out to Kollafjöður, where you can see the island in the bay.
- Videy Island is known for the Lennon/One Peace tower, Richard Scerra's 'Milestones', and other attractions, along with great birdlife.
- Then we continue on to Faxaflói Bay, popular for whale and bird watching, sea angling, and also great fishing grounds.
The mountain ring seen from the bay, among which Snaefellsjökull Glacier may be spotted on clear days, is particularly beautiful.
All minors must have authorization from their parents.
All excursions are subject to weather conditions and sightings cannot be guaranteed. If there are no sightings on the tour, you'll be able to use your ticket to join the next available trip.
Please note: Whale Watching is a natural activity governed by the laws of the weather. If the trip is cancelled due to bad weather, the Whale Watching ticket is refunded if the following tour was not joined before or you can change your reservation to the next available day.
If you don't see a whale, you have the option to take the tour again for free.
Please be aware that due to environmental reasons during certain times of the year our trips may be delivered on a shared boat with one of our partners. At Reykjavik Sailors, we are committed to ensuring the environment is kept pristine by making sure fewer boats are on the water.
Before your tour:
Please, check the DAILY DIARY on the tour provider's website and your EMAIL inbox (or spam) before you come for the tour. All the important daily information about all tours will be notified via email or on the website.
Pick-ups must be booked a minimum of one hour before the tour's departure time, all pick-ups booked after that will be discarded.
If you chose the pickup service, pickup starts 60 min. prior departure, please be ready at the pickup point at this time.
If you did not choose pickup service, please meet us at the Reykjavik Old harbour pier 30 minutes before departure.
Pickup service (round trip) fee applies to first boat tour, if due to lack of sightings tour is joined for free again, pickup service must be added and paid again.