Hop on the basket of a hot air balloon and explore the breathtaking panoramas of the Southern Alps and Lake Serre Ponçon from the sky!
At 780 m above sea level, on the shores of Lake Serre-Ponçon, embark on a flight over the largest reservoir of France fed by the Durance and Ubaye rivers. A hot air balloon ride that combines sun, mountain, water, and forest.
In the morning at sunrise, you'll take off with your experienced pilot. You'll have a view of the Southern Alps with the Ecrins massif, the Mont-Blanc and the plain of Po, the chapel of Saint-Michel, the dam of Serre-Ponçon – Spectacular landscapes between the Alps and Provence!
- The exact takeoff spot is determined the day before depending on weather conditions and wind direction.
- The activity begins with the preparation of the balloon to which you can participate: unfolding and inflation of the balloon that takes shape gradually over the basket.
- When everything is ready, you can climb in the basket. The burners are operated and the takeoff begins south of the Ecrins massif.
- Above the Hautes-Alpes, you can enjoy the magnificent landscapes under your feet. The ride lasts approx. one hour.
- At the end of this beautiful air trip, the pilot puts gradually back down the hot air balloon to the chosen landing field.
- The ground crew will pick you up by car to return to the starting point. The experience ends with a nice breakfast.