Raft down the Chalaux and discover the green and rocky landscapes of the Morvan Regional Nature Park!
Your instructors have selected courses of varying levels that are invigorating and have some pleasant surprises in store for you, particularly with rapids with evocative names, such as the Piscine à Billes, the 400 m, or the Perte des Veaux.
This activity is ideal for learning about rafting and paddling techniques. Under the control of your on-board instructor, you will be able to navigate the rapids of the Morvan in complete safety!
Rafting, the main activity of white water rafting, is practised in a group and it's so much better that way! All in the same boat, you paddle to avoid the obstacles and gain speed all together. Sensations and laughter guaranteed!
You will take advantage of the centre's shuttles to reach the departure pontoon and at the arrival, the shuttle will pick you up and you will have about 15 minutes to drive back to the centre.
The water of the Chalaux is pleasantly cool, between 10 and 12 degrees throughout the summer season and between the wetsuit and the heat out of the water, it's a pleasant bath that awaits you!
The Morvan base is particularly well equipped (changing rooms, showers, toilets, disabled access, private car park, paintball field...) which allows you to make the most of the time on site without worrying about anything else than your descent!
So don't hesitate to book your rafting activity on the Chalaux to discover the Morvan Regional Nature Park in a different way!
Discover rafting on the Chalaux, a river whose navigable course stretches between the Chaumeçon dam and the village of Chalaux in the heart of the Morvan forests in Burgundy!
- 5/6 kilometres descent, 1.5 hour
Course of events
- Average difficulty of 3 out of 5
- Numerous rapids and 2 drops
- 6 people per boat + your instructor
- Meeting point at the AN rafting base.
- Putting on the equipment in the closed changing rooms.
- The guide gives you a short briefing on the activity that awaits you.
- The rafts are put in the water, everyone boards, and it's off for about 1h/1h15 of descent!
- A shuttle will pick you up at Chalaux to bring you back to the base (about 10-15 minutes by bus).
- Back to the base! All you have to do is change (hot showers are available) and if you wish, enjoy the Evasion restaurant 800 metres away or our picnic area!
Participant must know how to swim.
Depending on the weather conditions and the opening of the dams, AN Rafting Morvan may take you to discover rafting on the Cure, another superb river in the Morvan regional nature park.
Meet 15 minutes before the start time.