Go for a kitesurfing initiation session on one of the most popular spots of the Opal Coast, the magnificent Bay of Wissant, near Calais.
Bed&Kite's qualified instructors will take you to the Bay of Wissant and in particular to the Pointe aux Oies, two kitesurfing spots with magnificent landscapes: English-style cliffs, beaches and dunes as far as the eye can see, clear water and impressive marine fauna for a superb kitesurfing lesson.
The qualified and experienced kitesurfing instructors will teach you everything you need to know about kitesurfing in a friendly atmosphere, whether you are a beginner or an experienced kitesurfer.
The lessons are based on a pedagogical and individual approach. Each course is adapted to the participants and their abilities. You will learn how to: analyse the wind, manoeuvre your wing, manage and control the pull, relaunch, glide, safety systems (active/passive) etc. Even, for the most gifted: gaits, transitions and first jumps!
And if you want to spend the night in a local gîte? Ask Marc, your instructor, for information about the flat offered by Bed&Kite.
This session acts as a taster lesson, should you enjoy it, why not go on to do the 4 day course (an additional 3 days).
This lessons includes:
- All necessary equipment: kite, helmet, lifejacket, wetsuit and harness
- A pedagogical approach that is adapted to each individual
- All lessons will be coahced using radio so you're in touch with your instructor at all times
- Teaching in shallow water for beginners
- Groups are limited to 4 people maximum, allowing the instructor to focus individually on each student
- What you see is what you get and that goes for the price too, there are surprises and no sneaky extras.
- Each session lasts 3.5/4 hours, of which 2.5 hours will be spent practicing the activity
- Arrive at the meeting point where you will find your instructor waiting for you
- Quick brief on the beach
- Presentation of equipment that you will be using
- Lesson in the water whilst being coached
- Introduced to different exercises depending on your level, the objective is to help you become autnomous as quickly and safely as possible
- Debrief at the end of the session, help identify what your areas of improvement are and what your kitesurfing level is (should you want to practice at another school)
All participants must be aged 16 or over.
Marc will contact you the evening before your lesson (between 6pm - 8pm) to confirm the meeting time and point.