Float above the picturesque countryside of Tuscany in this magical adventure that will take you deep into the heart of the Chianti wine region.
Your early morning flight takes place just after dawn as the world is stirring with the sun emerging in the open sky. You’ll get to have an extraordinary experience as you fly over the lush landscapes and rolling hills of central Tuscany, taking in sweeping views of famous vineyards, romantic villages and castles, and olive groves that stretch across the Chianti region. On clear days, you can see these incredible towns, mountains, and beautiful landscapes:
- From the North, you’ll have remarkable views of Florence and the Apennine mountain range in the background
- To the West, you’ll get to see the famous Tuscan hill towns of Elsa Valley, San Gimignano, Certaldo, and Volterra
- To the South, you’ll have a unique vantage point of the towns of Poggibonsi, Colle Val d’Elsa, and Siena with Monte Amiata in the distance
- To the East, you’ll get to discover the Chianti Mountains, a small mountain range located between Florence, Siena, and Arezzo
After flying for approximately 1 hour, your certified pilot will safely land the hot air balloon in the best spot given the wind conditions and terrain. In order to ensure a safe balloon flight throughout this aerial adventure, feel confident in knowing that your pilot is constantly keeping close watch of the weather patterns and is in radio contact with Air Traffic Control and the chase car. During landing, you'll be in the safe landing position as instructed by your pilot.
While the hot air balloon is being packed away once you land, you’ll get to enjoy a Prosecco breakfast which includes local produce such as famous Pecorino cheeses from “Fattoria Corzano e Paterno” and olive oil tastings with traditional Tuscan bread.
Once you're finished with breakfast, you’ll be driven back to the launch field in the chase vehicle where you’ll get to discover the charming countryside from below after having a unique perspective from above!
Create lasting memories and experience the very best of Tuscany during this hot air balloon flight that’s perfect for families and friends.
Total duration of this activity: 2.5 hours
- Flight duration: Approximately 1 hour
- Setup and inflation: Approximately 30 minutes
- Deflation and breakdown: Approximately 30 minutes
- Breakfast & Transfer from the Landing field back to the launch field
Children must be tall enough to see over the edge of the basket and minors must be accompanied by a relative.
Passengers must be physically able to climb over the side into the basket with the steps provided, stand unassisted for an hour, and adopt the seated landing position.
Passengers who are pregnant or who have recently had major surgery will not be able to participant in this activity.
Pickup is available. Please contact your instructor after booking if you would like to discuss further details.
This activity could be canceled or postponed due to weather conditions.
People weighing over 105kg will be required to pay a supplement.
Please wear layers of clothes as it's often quite cool early in the morning.
When visibility is exceptionally clear, you'll get to fly up to 4000-5000 feet depending on airspace restrictions.
Shoes will high heels are not allowed on board.