Course of events
In the shadow of mighty Mount Etna lies a watery Eden, resplendent with wildlife nourished by a legacy left by a turbulent volcanic past. Explore Catania's hidden basalt caves and vibrant aquatic forests courtesy of Jonio Pro-Dive.
On the shores of eastern Sicily, Catania still bears the scars of a life spent at the mercy of Etna, but with every rumble of the active volcano follows a reward - a bounty of nutrients that has resulted in one of Europe's busiest coral communities. A technicolor of fish, fauna and marine mammals, the shallow cave systems around the Sicilian coast are the ideal nursery for beginner scuba divers.
Following your instructor from the coast to submerged landscapes, beginners have the opportunity to experience scuba diving without the need to take a boat or descend to depths. The ideal way to build your water confidence and get to grips with the kit is going on small group excursions.
Located a stone's throw from the dive center lies some of Sicily's most popular dive sites including Grotta Jonica, Grotta dell'amore and the Arco Grande. A set of grottos and underwater arches, shallow depths of 12-15m are easy to navigate and offer multiple chances to spot fish, colourful corals and even an octopus if you're lucky!
- Meet your guide at Jonio Pro-Dive Catania - Via Villini a Mare 2, 95126 Catania, Italy at least 15 minutes before the start of the activity.
- Briefing about the scuba equipment and the itinerary.
- Scuba diving experience in Catania.
- Return to the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point Jonio Pro-Dive Catania - Via Villini a Mare 2, 95126 Catania, Italy, at least 15 minutes before the start of the activity.
- Knowing how to swim is compulsory for this activity.
- A minimum number of 2 participants is required for this activity to take place.
- The minimum age for this activity is 10 years old.
- This activity is discouraged for those who suffer from dizziness and seasickness.
- This activity is weather-dependent. If the weather does not allow for the activity to take place, we will contact you to reschedule or receive a full refund.
- Please note that the exact duration and itinerary of the activity are weather-dependent.
- Wild animals are unpredictable; we cannot guarantee that you will see them during this activity.
- Please inform us of any important health issues upon booking.
Please note you are not allowed to fly for up to 24 hours after your last dive.