Sensation Level: Chill
Spoken languages: English, French, German
Fitness level: Occasionally sporty
Minimum age: minimum 15 y/o
Duration: 3 hrs
Cancellation policy:strict 1) Cancellation 30 days or more prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are automatically refunded the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 30 and 10 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 10 days or later, prior to the agreed activity starting date, are considered last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
The winter months offer some of the most breathtaking views of Lake Brienz. From your kayak, you'll be surrounded by the snow covered mountains, which reflect beautifully on the mirror-like water.
Winter is the time of year where you'll get to truly have the lake to yourself and whatever the weather, you're guaranteed to have an unforgettable experience. Escape the crowded ski pistes for a while and join the expert team in this peaceful and magical environment.
You'll be provided with Palm's top of the range Aleutian dry suits and boots to keep you dry and hard-earned cups of tea to warm you up after your paddle.
You can choose between a half-day and a full-day tour.
The winter tours run approximately until the end of April every year until the water temperature in the lake rises up.
Hop in your kayak and explore beautiful Lake Brienz and the towering surroundings. You will be in small groups and able to fully take in the nature around, escaping the business of the city.
Tours are run in English because groups are international. But they can be organised in German or French by prior arrangement, just contact us before your tour.Objectives
- Explore Lake Brienz from a kayak
- Discover/improve your kayaking skills
- Glide in silence among the snow-covered mountains
- Share your experience with fellow kayakersCourse of events
- Arrive at the meeting point (5-10 minutes before your booking time)
- Handle any necessary paperwork
- Gear up
- Grab your kayak and head to the launching point
- Enjoy Lake Brienz for 2-hours
- Return and debrief the activity with your fellow kayakers
- Tell your friends about the great experience!Activity requirements
The tour is well suited for beginners and non-swimmers, you do not need to have previous experience.Special terms
How to find Hightide Kayak School
If you are staying in Interlaken, Hightide Kayak School is a short bus ride away (no. 103, direction Iseltwald). This bus is free with your guest card and runs every 30 minutes from Interlaken Ost or West. Alternatively, if you would prefer to drive, there is a free car park situated behind the Hotel Seiler au Lac next door to the office.
If you are feeling active, it is also possible to take a short 30-minutes walk from Interlaken Ost along the river to the base in Bönigen.
Please note that the tours run in all weather conditions provided that it is safe to paddle. Often the weather is better than forecast and part of the charm of the sport is experiencing nature in all the elements - even on a rainy day, the views and atmosphere are beautiful and dramatic. We are proud of our top-quality equipment, including Palm wetsuits and high-end paddle jackets to ensure that you are warm and happy in any weather. If conditions are unsafe to paddle we will let you know as soon as the decision is made and will try to re-schedule for the soonest opportunity.
Please note that bookings are subject to the terms and conditions and to the cancellation policy. It is recommended that you have an insurance policy to cover the course costs in case of illness or medical problems.
- Experienced coach with small group sizes (6:1 ratio of clients to coach)
- Photograph package of your time with us on the lake & a guaranteed dose of fun!
- Top quality sea kayaks and paddles
- Top-end Palm Aleutian & Bora drysuits and neoprene gloves & booties to keep you warm and toasty
- Warm clothes to be worn under the dry suit: thick socks, thermal bottom top and a thin jumper
- Extra layers if very cold, sunglasses, sunhat and sunscreen (you never know)
- Change of clothes in case you get sweaty or a bit wet