Take your holidays in Crete to the next level and enjoy scenic views of the island during a 20 minutes tandem paragliding flight over Chania. With the beautiful coastlines and mountains at your feet, live an incredible experience and fly in total safety with an expert instructor over Chania and Balos lagoon, in the northeast of the Island.
Chania, a town in the northwest of the island, is famous for its Venetian harbour, narrow streets, and restaurants on the water. In addition to discovering this pretty town, paragliding in Chania should be on the top of your list while in Crete! It's an incredible experience you shouldn't miss! Totally safe and fun!
For your tandem paragliding experience, you don't need to have any prior experience nor be particularly sporty. Thanks to experienced and passionate instructors that will assure a safe tandem flight, you can fully enjoy the amazing feeling of flying and the great views of the mainland of Crete and the coastline.
Crete is known for its strong winds. therefore, depending on weather and wind conditions, you will take off from either Falasarna or from Varipetro, a mainland mountain. Your instructor will let you know which one it is before the flight.
- Falasarna: If it's a west wind you'll take off from Falasarna, one of the most famous beaches in Crete, on the west coast of the island. You'll take off from a height of 250m (820ft) and with good thermal conditions, you might even have the chance to fly over the magnificent Balos lagoon.
- Varipetro: Otherwise, you'll start from Varipetro, a mainland mountain, at 500m (1600ft). Here you will admire incredible views over the north coastline, Chania city, Souda bay, and a small lake. If thermal winds are on you can reach a height up to 1000m (3200ft).
With this tandem paragliding flight, you'll be in the air for around 20 minutes, depending on wind and weather conditions. While your expert pilot takes care of everything, the only thing left to do for you is admiring the breathtaking views over Crete's coastline, the blue water, the mountains, and the villages. Your instructor will pick you up at the meeting point to take you to the take-off and bring you back to the meeting point. Depending on the wind directions, your instructor will let you know if you will be flying from Varipetro or Falasarna.
- Make your holiday in Crete unforgettable thanks to an amazing tandem paragliding flight.
- Discover the beautiful landscapes of Chania with stunning coastlines, villages, and mountains at your feet.
- Fly like a bird while discovering the peaceful outdoor activity of paragliding
- You'll meet the instructor at the meeting point from where he will take you to the take-off point.
- Depending on the wind direction your instructor will let you know if you will be flying from Varipetro or Falasarna.
- After a safety briefing your instructor gets all the equipment ready and with a few steps you gently take off for an incredible 20 minutes flight. The air time can be more or less, it all depends on the weather conditions.
- After a soft landing, your instructor will return you to the meeting point.
- The maximum weight allowed is 100kg (220lb). The minimum weight is 20kg (44lb). Please advise in advance if you weigh 90kg (200lb) or more or less than 40kg (88lb).
- Minors must be signed off by a parent or guardian.
- No prior paragliding experience required. No specific physical condition required.
- It's important to wear comfortable, closed shoes (hiking shoes, running shoes, sneakers). NO FLIPFLOPS, crocs or sandals.
- Wear clothes adapted to the weather conditions on the day of your flight: T-Shirt and long-sleeved jersey, Windstopper, long or short pants.
- Also bring sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses, and drinking water.
- You can buy professional photos and videos on the spot for an extra charge of 30€. Payment on the spot in cash.
- You can have your camera with you if you want.
- The time is tide-dependent.
- Total duration with the transfers: 1h 30 minutes.
- Your experience in a nutshell: Meet, Signup, brief, run, fly, scream, (optional), land and walk away with your pics and video in hand…smiling for the rest of the day!