Embark at the marina of Le Gosier with Vou & Mwen Excursions to live an unforgettable day on the islet Caret, in the Grand Cul-de-sac marin bay in Guadeloupe!
It is at the Bas-du-Fort marina, between Pointe-à-Pitre and Le Gosier, that you will board the boat "Kréyol Horizon" to reach the Caret islet, in the north of Guadeloupe. The Caret islet is part of the coral reef and islets closing the Grand Cul-de-sac marin bay, a natural marine reserve with an exceptional richness of fauna and flora. This boat trip will allow you to discover it during snorkeling sessions, in turquoise water worthy of the Caribbean Sea!
Starting from the marina of Le Gosier, you will cross the arm of the sea separating Grande-Terre and Basse-Terre (the Salted River) to go up to the Grand Cul-de-sac marin. You will then sail along the mangrove, then dive into the water for the first snorkeling session of the day, near the great barrier reef. Then it will be time to enjoy an aperitif and a Guadeloupean meal on the beach of Islet Caret, while taking advantage of the paradisiacal setting in which you are. Before returning to Le Gosier, the captain will lead you to the mangrove to talk about this typical ecosystem of Guadeloupe.
Nature lovers will be enchanted by this boat trip to Caret Island mixing snorkeling and discovery of the Guadeloupean environment with a local captain!
- Departure at 7.45 am from the marina Bas-du-Fort
- Direction to the Great Barrier Reef of the Grand Cul-de-sac marin for a snorkeling session
- Aperitif and lunch on the beach of the islet Caret (or on the boat depending on the number of visitors) with: as a starter lettuce and tomatoes with vinaigrette sauce, followed by a smoked chicken with mixed rice, and finally a coconut flan for dessert. Drinks are provided (water, local juice, planter, etc.)
- Guided tour of the mangrove around 3 pm
- Return to the marina Bas-du-Fort around 4 pm
Activity not accessible to pregnant women, the elderly and people with back problems.
A minimum of 8 participants is required for the excursion.
Please inform us of any allergies when making your reservation. Special diets may be subject to an additional charge.
Vou & Mwen Excursions reserves the right to cancel the excursion on the same day if the weather conditions are not good, or if the minimum number of 8 passengers is not reached.
A port tax of around €2 per passenger is payable on site on the day of the activity.