Discover South Africa's amazing kelp forests and its diverse marine life on this snorkelling adventure! All levels of experience are welcome.
Kelp forests are recognized as one of the most productive and dynamic ecosystems on Earth. In addition, this incredible plant can grow up to 30 meters long (98 feet), so you'll truly feel like you're in an underwater forest!
After you've met with your certified instructor, you will be given a safety and technique briefing along with the snorkelling equipment. Then, the adventure begins! You'll explore this underwater kingdom with ease. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled because you may encounter penguins, small sharks, various schools of fish, seals, octopi, and other sea creatures! With the kelp moving from side to side with the currents coupled the light streaming through between the gaps, you'll enjoy an almost magical experience.
For an unforgettable adventure in Cape Town, don't miss this unique seal and kelp forest snorkelling excursion!
The total activity will last between 3 to 5 hours, depending on the launch site and the weather and water conditions.
When you dive with Into The Blue, you will have:
Course of events
- Experienced and certified instructors and dive masters.
- Well-maintained gear (the dedicated technician goes through all the gear at least once a week to check for any problems!)
- A ratio of max 5 clients per Divemaster or instructor. They aim to always have at least 2 Divemasters on the boat to make sure that, should you have any problems, someone will be able to assist you.
- Unlike many other dive schools, they aim to dive where the conditions are the best on the day - they are willing to go to further sites to find good diving conditions if necessary.
- Once you've arrived at the meeting point, you'll complete the necessary paperwork and then find the right wetsuit with the help of a team member.
- You can meet your instructor directly at the launch site, but this must be arranged in advance so that he can pack the gear for you.
Duration of the activity
- Drive to launch site from the shop: 30 minutes to 1 hour one way, depending on where you'll be launching from on the day
- Briefing and gearing up: 30 minutes
- Boat ride: Approx. 10 minutes one way
- Time in water: 1 hour
All snorkelers must be able to swim autonomously.
Please note that items brought on board the boat might get wet.
You can rent a Go Pro for: R400 per day.