Discover the most beautiful underwater spots in the west of Guadeloupe during guided exploration dives or in total autonomy in the Cousteau Reserve!
You have already passed your Level 1 diving certification and want to explore the Caribbean Sea? Take the opportunity and dive in the heart of the Cousteau Reserve with Les Heures Saines Plongée in Bouillante!
The school offers different options, from 1 to 10 exploration dives along the west coast of Basse-Terre, from Pointe-Noire to Bouillante. Depending on your level of certification and the spots, you can dive on your own or accompanied by a certified instructor from Les Heures Saines Plongée.
For your comfort, all the diving equipment is on board the boats: you don't have to carry anything! However, you will need to bring your own dive computer or rent one on site for 5€.
The diving spots
Scuba diving around the islets Pigeon:
- The Coral Garden - Accessible to all: corals, turtles, jacks, etc. For experienced divers: a drop off with barracudas and kingfish, and a bust of Captain Cousteau.
- The Pool - Accessible to all: 40 meters deep, many coral boulders scattered around.
- Pointe Carangue - Accessible to all: 40 meters deep, gorgonians and sponges, groupers, box fish, trumpet fish, but also turtles, very colourful coral plateau on a gentle slope from 12 to 22 meters, and a drop off.
- The aquarium - Accessible to all: a gently sloping coral plateau, rich in life and colour.
- Barracuda Point - From Level 1: 50 meters deep, small deep dive on the drop off with kingfish, barracudas, diodons, triggerfish, turtles, etc.
Exploration of wrecks:
- The Franjack - From Level 1: depth of 23 meters, 50 meters long hourglass, access to the wheelhouse, passage through the engine room: sponges, bryozoans, ascidians, anemones, shrimps, etc.
- The Gustavia - From Level 2: depth of 40 meters, 48 meters cargo ship laid upright on a sandy bottom: magnificent French angelfish, schools of barracudas, etc.
- The Augustin Fresnel - From Level 2: depth of 28 meters, visit of the exterior and interior of the boat passing through the bedrooms, the kitchen and the dining room.
Scuba diving in the Côte Sous-le-Vent :
- Pointe Quecy: south of Bouillante, maximum depth of 18 meters, small cave, 2 rock passages and chimney (10 m - 7 m).
- The turtles: south of Anse des Tortues, slow and progressive accession along a quail, coral plateau up to 30 meters.
- Thomas Point: close to the Thomas hot springs, 2 successive plateaus: 5 m - 17 m / 18 m - 35 m.
- Pointe Lézarde: north exit of the Bay of Bouillante, a ridge that allows you to navigate between small peaks.
- Le Souffleur: between Petite Anse and Anse à la Barque, a carpet of digested coral, maximum depth of 18 meters.