Course of events
Book your evening snowmobile excursion in Tromsø, riding along the captivating Arctic wilderness, below the night sky and the Northern Lights! Venture far into the wilderness of Tromsø, through the snowy terrains and lush forests with your own snowmobile. No previous experience needed!
Experience the thrill of driving a snowmobile, feel the cold crisp Arctic air and marvel at the silent snowy wilderness of Tromsø at night! You will ride along the captivating snow-covered mountains, astonishing landscapes and scenic valleys. Ready to get a taste of the local culture and learn how to drive the scooter of the North?
Your adventure begins with a pick-up from the city center in Tromsø where you will meet your guides and hop on a scenic 90-minute bus ride towards the wilderness center in Camp Tamok. Once you've reached the camp, you will be provided with warm winter clothing and follow a thorough safety instruction and a practical demonstration of driving the snowmobiles. Then, it is time to follow your guide and head out in the wild!
You will drive in pairs with one driver and one passenger per snowmobile and switch places during excursion. Prepare to ride along the snowy terrains, taking in the cold crisp Arctic air while feeling the thrill of riding the snowmobile! If you're lucky, the Auroras will make their appearance and dance right above you!
After the trip, your guide will lead the way to a traditional reindeer herder's tent where you will enjoy a delicious Norwegian stew or soup by the campfire, complemented with bread, tea, and water. Savor the flavors and cherish the moments with your loved ones, while learning about the Nordic culture and the life in the Arctic. With a bit of luck, you might witness a magical show of the Northern Lights lighting up the night sky!
Once you've warmed up, it is time to board the bus, and return back to Tromsø with some lifelong memories of this unique excursion. Unleash your inner adventurer and book your evening snowmobile excursion in Tromsø taking in the Arctic wilderness and the magical Northern Lights!
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes in advance
- Meet your guides and embark on a scenic ride (90-minutes long)
- Arrival at the camp
- Safety briefing and snowmobile riding demonstration
- The adventure begins!
- Drivers can switch midway
- The adventure continues!
- Back at the camp for a warm meal
- Scenic drive back to Tromsø
* Please be advised that drivers need to be minimum 18 years old and hold a valid driver's license with them (physical)
* Passengers need to be minimum 7 years old and accompanied by an adult.
In addition, drivers and passengers must be minimum 130cm in height to meet the safety requirements.
* This tour is not focused on hunting the northern lights but it offers a great chance to witness the natural phenomenon.
- Kindly note that the overall time spend on the snowmobiles differs depending on the snow and weather conditions. Due to the dramatic topography, a reduced speed is maintained during some parts of the tour.