Discover the wildlife in the vicinity of Rovaniemi on this fun snowmobile excursion, open to all ages!
This tour is run and operated from central Rovaniemi and travels to the neighbouring Ounasvaara area. Rovaniemi is a popular winter destination, located in the magical Lapland region in northern Finland. The region features vast untouched nature and snowy landscapes in the winter, making it the perfect spot for a snowmobile adventure!
You will begin by meeting your experienced guide at the pre-arranged pickup point in Rovaniemi. From there, you will head to the winter cabin in Ounasvaara to begin this wilderness snowmobile safari! This trip is perfect for adventurous beginners and off-road enthusiasts. Your tour starts will a short safety briefing and demo - wrapping up warm with outerwear provided by the activity centre. This family-friendly excursion is open to everyone, children will ride in a sled pulled by the guide's snowmobile.
After a short practice session, you will follow your guide into the forest - travelling through a winter wonderland of snow-laden forest in the safety of a supervised convoy. Set to a casual pace, you'll get a chance to perfect your technique and try some tricks, travelling through a selection of wild yet well-maintained routes that cut through the traditional Lapland landscape. You will travel through the waist-height snowdrifts of the Finnish Taiga. Home to conditions so dramatic, the weight of winter has the ability to bend trees and make tracks totally impassible. After the fun circuit where you will get a chance to practice snowmobile driving, you will return to the starting point and be transferred back to Rovaniemi.
This fun day out is perfect for families of all ages to experience the beautiful nature of Finnish Lapland by snowmobile. Book this unforgettable adventure from Rovaniemi now!
Pick-up is available from the following locations, please specify when booking:
- Santa Claus Village area (30 minutes before start time)
Course of events
- Chalet Hotel Ounasvaara (20 min before start time)
- Arctic TreeHouse Hotel (25 min before start time)
- Lapland Hotel Sky Ounasvaara (45 min before start time)
- City Center hotels (meet at Koskikatu 12 in front of Visit Rovaniemi - 40 min before departure)
- Santa Sport (45 min before start time)
- Meet at the starting point or pickup from listed location in Rovaniemi
- Drive to Ounasvaara
- Safety briefing, driving lesson and receive equipment
- The snowmobile adventure begins!
- Drive your snowmobile through the forest for approximately 10km (60-90 minutes)
- Return to starting point
- Transfer back to Rovaniemi
Snowmobile drivers must hold a valid driver's license (original or electronic copy).
For safety reasons, children will sit in a sled pulled by the guide's snowmobile.
Infant under 4 is complementary.